Tuesday, December 15, 2009

where we are...

I just finished this amazing new messenger, finally utilizing a silk piece of fabric embroidered with peacocks, on the flap. I have one more section to make another bag!! I'm still working out fabric combinations for the other vintage and rare fabrics I've been hoarding. It's nice being out of burlap for the last couple of weeks...
I finally have pictures of our new home, in Portland. We actually live about a 30 min. bus ride from the city, but the wooded area is going to be great once the winter is over. the buses out here are limited, but still better than the old st. charles SCAT bus system!! Michael and I take the kids to the library every few days. Fair and Whitman are really into the human body right now. They want to know how everything works and the books with the fascinating pictures of our inner workings keep them wide-eyed.
The following are pictures that I took this morning. We are still waiting on our box of decor to come from grandma, so our walls are a little bare!! disregard the slight mess...

fair at the kitchen table


looking up from the entry way at my sewing studio

more pictures to come...

No comments: